Openings at the Following Locations:
• Maryvale Preparatory Academy (4825 W Camelback Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85031)
• Trivium Preparatory Academy (2001 N Bullard Ave, Goodyear, AZ 85395)
• Anthem Preparatory Academy (3950 W Arroyo Norte Dr, Phoenix, AZ 85087)
• Veritas Preparatory Academy (3102 N 56th St #100, Phoenix, AZ 85018)
• Exceptional Benefits (medical, dental, vision etc.) with minimal employee cost
• Work alongside a community of other classical languages teachers!
Great Hearts Philosophy of Classical Languages
While there are many reasons to study Latin (e.g. a knowledge of Latin increases proficiency in English because many English words are derived from Latin, and the Latin grammar illuminates the English; Latin as the materfamilias of the Romance languages etc.), the main focus for the rigorous Classics is program is to enable students not only to become part of the Western tradition by reading key works but also by acquiring the foundational languages that have expressed and shaped this tradition. In the Classical language classes, the Classical culture and history have a supporting role, but the Latin and Greek languages are the primary goal and hopefully enjoyed as beautiful and worthy of study for its own sake.
Overview of Grade Levels
All Great Hearts students take Latin from Kinder through 8th grade, and many continue in the high school classics track, with advanced Latin and Ancient Greek, 9th through 12th grade (others study a modern language for their four years of high school).
Certification is not required to teach at any of the Great Hearts Academies. Great Hearts teachers hold a bachelor’s degree or higher, demonstrate both a love for the breadth of the liberal arts, and a depth of knowledge in the subject area(s) they teach. For K-6 Latin, a basic knowledge of Latin is required. All candidates must be able to demonstrate they are qualified to teach the subjects they are assigned.
Please apply directly at:
Work Authorization – US work authorization is required, but we do accept OPT/CPT candidates.