Seeking a full-time Latin instructor for immediate hire at Liberty Common School in Fort Collins, Colorado—a Poudre School District charter school dedicated to Core Knowledge principles and college-preparatory instruction. The school currently enrolls over 1,100 students in grades K–12.
Liberty Common School offers a unique educational program with an expanded Latin curriculum. The school provides excellence and fairness in education by teaching 1) a contextual body of organized knowledge, 2) the skills of learning, and 3) the values of a democratic society. This is done through parental choice, partnership with teachers, and student acceptance of responsibility for his/her academic effort.
The Latin instructor has responsibility for program-planning, curriculum-development, and delivery of associated content instruction for elementary, junior-high, and high-school students, in cooperation with the school’s Foreign Language Department, and Liberty’s elementary school. Courses taught include 4th–6th grade Latin using the Minimus curriculum, and Latin I using the first portion of Wheelock’s Latin. Applicants should be dedicated to a strong skills and knowledge-based curriculum, and dedicated to high student achievement.
- Desire and willingness to learn about Liberty’s history and philosophy and to uphold and promote the mission and values of the school.
- BA/BS in classics, Latin, history, or related discipline, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience. Content knowledge is essential.
- Ability and willingness to teach the Core Knowledge Sequence.
- Demonstrated effective classroom teaching ability, as is content expertise.
- Understanding of Liberty Common School’s history and a commitment to maintaining and promoting the school’s mission and values.
- Experience with classics instruction, the Core Knowledge Curriculum and demonstrated ability in teaching this curriculum.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in multiple teams.
- MS/MA in classics, Latin, history, or related discipline, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Experience or background in classics, history, Latin, foreign language.
For more information about Liberty Common School, see http://www.libertycommon.org. Application must include a letter of application, résumé, statement of educational philosophy, transcript photocopy, and three references with phone numbers. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Mr. Torgun Lovely, Principal
Liberty Common High School
2745 Minnesota Dr.
Fort Collins, CO 80525.
Or e-mail to: email@example.com