Charleston Classical School is dedicated to offering an excellent academic experience to students from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds. Using a sliding-scale tuition model, we make a great private education accessible to those who can least afford it. The school provides a classical Christian education focused on mastery in a culture that helps students understand who they are in Christ and that shapes their loves toward what is True, Good and Beautiful.
Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in an academic discipline and/or an education degree are preferred. The ideal candidate would cultivate strong partnerships with parents while fostering an engaging and positive culture in the classroom.
This person is responsible for:
- Fostering a classroom environment that promotes joy in learning and love of others
- Designing lessons using recommended curriculum and/or other approved curriculum
- Differentiating lessons to meet the needs of all students
- Performing duties such as lunchroom, hall, and playground monitoring
- Performing other related duties as directed by the Head of School
- Participating in professional development
- Interacting well with volunteer classroom help
Qualified candidates will have: a commitment to Charleston Classical School; experience working with students from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds; a genuine caring attitude towards students; the ability to communicate clearly and establish effective, working relationships with students, parents, teachers, and staff; and the ability to be flexible working with various levels of students, subjects, and teaching methodologies. The candidate must also be comfortable sharing his/her faith with students.
Interested candidates should submit a résumé and cover letter to get started. We’re eager to meet you! Résumés may be submitted on our website at www.CharlestonClassicalSchool.org or emailed to info@CharlestonClassicalSchool.org.