Our monthly webinars put master teachers at your disposal, providing you with classical training from classical teachers. Join them live as they teach model lessons, explain the philosophy and methods behind their lessons, and answer your specific questions.
These webinars are live, so you will need to RSVP. Sign up for the next webinar here.
Panel Discussion: Primary, Lower, and Upper Schools
February 29, 2016 at 6:30 P.M. EST
Hosted by Michelle Tefertiller, Brett Vaden, and Paul Schaeffer
In this free live webinar, a panel of Highlands Latin School teachers will answer a wide array of practical questions involved in teaching the Classical Core Curriculum in the primary, lower, and upper school grades. Questions to addressed include:
- How much time is typically spent daily on each subject at the various grade levels?
- How should teachers assess grades, especially at the lower elementary levels?
- How should homework amount and intensity vary from grade to grade?
- Should primary students be separated into different reading groups?
- What are the day-to-day practical applications of the Classical Model and what strategies are used to tie all of the subjects together?
Join the discussion on February 29, 2016 at 6:30 P.M. EST.
- Are “critical thinking skills” sufficient for a good education? August 14, 2017
- What Education is For August 3, 2017
- English doesn’t need to be scientific August 1, 2017
- You’ll think twice about saying you don’t have time to read when you read this Teddy Roosevelt story July 25, 2017