CLSA requires only that schools adhere to and state that they confess the Nicene Creed, or that they believe in or confess a statement of faith consistent with this creed. The Nicene Creed is a historic statement of Christian belief that is at once comprehensive and specific as well as ecumenical. It is considered normative by the Roman Catholic Church, the Eastern Catholic churches, the Church of the East, the Anglican Church, the Oriental Orthodox churches, the Lutheran churches, and most Protestant denominations. The text below is a literal rendering from the Latin, and some Christian traditions may use slightly different renderings. Any standard English translation is acceptable:
I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible. And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, and born of the Father before all ages. God of God, light of light, true God of true God. Begotten not made, consubstantial with the Father, by whom all things were made. Who for us men and for our salvation came down from heaven. And was incarnate of the Holy Ghost and of the Virgin Mary and was made man; was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate, suffered and was buried; and the third day rose again according to the Scriptures. And ascended into heaven, sits at the right hand of the Father, and shall come again with glory to judge the living and the dead, of whose Kingdom there shall be no end. And I believe in the Holy Ghost, the Lord and Giver of life, who proceeds from the Father [and the Son]*, who together with the Father and the Son is to be adored and glorified, who spoke by the Prophets. And one holy, catholic, and apostolic Church. I confess one baptism for the remission of sins. And I look for the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
* Eastern Orthodox schools may have, as their doctrinal statement, the Nicene Creed exclusive of the “filioque” clause or a statement of belief consistent with the Creed as so modified.
- Highlands Latin School Accepting Resumes for Upper School Latin Teacher March 21, 2017
- Highlands Latin School Accepting Resumes for Upper School Classics & English Literature Teacher March 21, 2017
- Highlands Latin School Accepting Resumes for Grammar School Teacher March 21, 2017
- Highlands Latin School Accepting Resumes for Primary School Teacher March 21, 2017