In the midst of a recent conversation, a logical syllogism started to form in my mind:
1. Modern progressive education teaches students what to think and not how to think.
Modern political discussion is rife with people who spout ideas without reasoning.
Therefore, modern progressive education has lead to the polarization in today’s politics.
2. Classical education teaches students how to think.
People who know how to think will have reasonable political discussions.
Therefore, to help society have better political discussions, students should be taught with a classical education.
Is this argument flawless? Post your comments below!
- Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School Teaching Positions June 29, 2017
- Corpus Christus Classical Academy Hiring 1st Grade Teacher June 22, 2017
- Toledo Christian Schools Hiring Latin Teacher June 21, 2017
- Canterbury Classical School (NC) Hiring 3rd/4th Grade Teacher May 30, 2017