In the midst of a recent conversation, a logical syllogism started to form in my mind:
1. Modern progressive education teaches students what to think and not how to think.
Modern political discussion is rife with people who spout ideas without reasoning.
Therefore, modern progressive education has lead to the polarization in today’s politics.
2. Classical education teaches students how to think.
People who know how to think will have reasonable political discussions.
Therefore, to help society have better political discussions, students should be taught with a classical education.
Is this argument flawless? Post your comments below!
- Seeking Teachers (FL) April 24, 2017
- Grammar as Worldview: What grammar tells us about the Cosmos April 24, 2017
- Why Liberals–and Conservatives–Should Read the Great Books April 19, 2017
- Are most scientific research findings false? April 12, 2017