In the midst of a recent conversation, a logical syllogism started to form in my mind:
1. Modern progressive education teaches students what to think and not how to think.
Modern political discussion is rife with people who spout ideas without reasoning.
Therefore, modern progressive education has lead to the polarization in today’s politics.
2. Classical education teaches students how to think.
People who know how to think will have reasonable political discussions.
Therefore, to help society have better political discussions, students should be taught with a classical education.
Is this argument flawless? Post your comments below!
- Ridgeview Classical School Seeking Admissions Coordinator September 25, 2017
- How Latin Will Help You Understand Today’s Importance in the Astronomical Calendar September 22, 2017
- In Defense of Well-Roundedness September 21, 2017
- Liberal arts majors lauded in two new books September 1, 2017