What is the purpose of CLSA accreditation?
- To assist schools in the achievement of the high academic standards implicit in the classical Christian model of education through the implementation of the Classical Core Curriculum TM in their schools.
- To promote the understanding of classical Christian education among school staff, teachers, and parents.
- To provide external verification and accountability of the academic integrity of member schools.
How is CLSA accreditation different from other accreditation processes?
- An emphasis on helping schools further their classical Christian educational mission.
- An exclusive focus on academic standards, practices, and results.
- No unnecessary expenditure of staff time and resources on meeting accreditation requirements that do not contribute in a direct and meaningful way to the academic success and classical Christian mission of the school.
- A significantly shorter schedule for school accreditation.
Who should seek accreditation from CLSA?
- Existing schools who wish to improve the academic quality of their existing classical Christian curriculum.
- Existing schools who wish to implement a rigorous classical Christian curriculum.
- Parents or teachers who are interested in founding and operating a classical Christian school in their community.
What are the levels of CLSA accreditation?
- Provisional Accreditation: Confirmation that the school meets the initial requirements for accreditation.
- Standard Accreditation: Confirmation that the school has completed the required full process of accreditation.
What are the steps involved in CLSA accreditation?
- Application for standard membership in or partnership with CLSA.
- Completion of accreditation questionnaire.
- Application for accreditation.
- On-site visit to determine the school’s initial ability to meet CLSA standards.
- Determination of provisional accreditation.
- Verification of compliance with accreditation standards and completion of accreditation process.
- Determination of standard accreditation.
- Renewal of standard accreditation as necessary.
How long does it take to become accredited?
- Provisional accreditation can be granted as soon as a month after the first on-site visit.
- After the award of provisional accreditation, the regular process for standard accreditation should take no longer than a year.
- Renewal of standard accreditation to be conducted every three years.